Friday, September 22, 2023

Rupert Murdoch steps aside to become "emeritus chairman" of News Corporation and Fox Corporation. But is he really retiring?

I woke up about 40 minutes earlier than usual this morning and stumbled at my bedside as I looked for my Iphone.

My bleary eyes immediatly went to a subject line that contained "Rupert Murdoch" and I feared the media magnate's final deadline has arrived,

But no - Rupert Murdoch has not departed for the great newsroom in the sky.

Instead, the 92 year old is stepped aside to become "chairman emeritus" making way for his son Lachlan.

Here's my first report on Early AM

I then spoke with author Paddy Manning and with Tom Oriti on ABC NewsRadio.

I also spoke on the BBC World Service

Now I need to update the Rupert Murdoch obituary to reflect the latest chapter in his remarkable and contrversial career

News Corporation papers went "full Rupert" including the New York Post








No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view on this?