Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead aged 56



Steve Jobs - often referred to as the Edison of his generation - has died aged 56 after a long battle with cancer.

The death of Apple's co-founder and former chief executive was announced in a statement by Apple.

The company's shares went into a trading halt on Wall Street in the leadup to the announcement.

Jobs leaves a legacy of technology that is now part of a global lifestyle, having developed the I-Mac, I-Pod, I-Phone and I-Pad.

Steve Jobs was a visionary who built the world's most successful technology company from a garage startup.

I looked at the Steve Jobs legacy on ABC News 24 with Joe O'Brien and ABC Science Online editor Darren Osborne.



To get a closer look at Steve Jobs' strategy on life and business, here's his 2005 commencement address at Stanford University:


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view on this?